Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Academic qualifications and fields of interest: Bachelor or equivalent degree in an area relevant to UNU-INWEH’s field of work.
- Languages: excellent spoken and written English; knowledge of other UN languages is an asset. See FAQs Section 2 for requirements concerning language certification.
- Computer skills: ability to use office-related software (MS Office).
- Attitude: awareness and ability to adapt to a multicultural environment and a commitment to international public service are essential. Applicants should demonstrate good communication skills and show initiative and flexibility.
- Availability: the duration of an internship is a minimum of three months (full-time).
- Insurance: proof of insurance coverage for the entire period of the internship.
The selection will take into consideration academic achievements and research accomplishments, two letters of recommendations and your statement of purpose. Further documents may be requested only if shortlisted. See FAQs for further information.
Terms and Conditions:
There is no fixed start date for internships, the start-dates are defined on the basis of the respective programme/project requirements. The duration of the internship will be at least 3 months with a maximum duration of 6 months. Interns are expected to work full time and will be provided office space and facilities as appropriate for their work. UNU-INWEH does not offer any financial assistance for the internship and all candidates are required to indicate means of support for the duration of the internship.
Interns will be awarded a certificate at the successful completion of their internship. See FAQs Section 3 and 4 for details on the Terms and Conditions.